.

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Monday, September 29, 2008

ADD THE ILLUSION OF WATER (Technique)

This is a great technique for creating water on small projects such as ATC's or Cards. I hope that you will give it a whirl and make this technique your own. If you do, please post a comment and a link so that I can check out your creation.









SUPPLIES

Craft Baggie (Bead sized are great)

Clear TapeRed Line Tape

Cardstock

Hair Gel (Clear or Blue)




In my example I’ll be creating an ATC (Artist Trading Card).



Using a piece of cardstock (3 ½ x 5 for the ATC) score and fold at center to create 2 ½ x 3 ½ foundation. Unfold and stamp and color image as desired.Cut away any background that you do not wish to keep, making sure that you have a minimum margin around all edges to conceal the baggie. Set aside.


Fill baggie (for my ATC I’ve used a bag approx 2”x3”) with 1 TBSP of hair gel. Zip/Seal baggie closed. Fold mouth of baggie over and tightly secure with tape to help keep hair gel from drying out or leaking.


On inside of the cardstock run red line tape around the edges of image to secure baggie in place. Run additional red line tape to seal ATC closed and hid baggie edges.



ONE STEP FURTHER:


Add food coloring to create any color desired.


Add Glitter for some sparkle.


Add small buttons that compliment the theme.



REMEMBER I'D LOVE TO SEE YOUR TAKE ON THIS TECHNIQUE.

POST A COMMENT AND LINK IF YOU CREATE SOMETHING!

I'D LOVE TO TAKE A PEEK!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fun technique! I'm so messy with stuff like that, I don't dare try it. I'd have the gel EVERYWHERE. ugh!

Ila said...

What a Fabulous and Fun card and this is a wonderful technique!!..Hugs. Ila

Lorie said...

This is really pretty! What a neat technique! Thanks for coming over and visiting my blog! :o)