.

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Olympic Tally Challenges

Okay I'm waist deep in the TallyScrapper Olympics Challenges now. Here are the three that I've done so far

CHALLENGE #1: Progress
RULES: "Progress" must be in the title! Layout must include the olympic circles (any size, color, layout, just have circles)
RESULTS: I actually liked the layout and colors used here.

CHALLENGE #2: "no, no, no"
RULES: No patterned paper, no stickers, no rub-ons, no brads, practically no nothing! Must incorporate staples or tape, must include "no, no, no" somewhere on layout.
RESULTS: I wasn't totally thrilled with how this turned out, not quite what my minds eye had invisioned.

Well the base cardstock (white) was a solid white piece that I randomly stamped w/paint. I used rust, evergreen and royal blue paints, which coordinates perfectly w/cardstock in this layout.
The BIG circle center is the title "No 3" (which means no, no, no). The title No 3 was freehand cut in the green cs. I used staples in each corner to anchor the mat (blue cs) and did my journaling on them.
Journaling reads:
No, it's not easy being a mommy!
Everything is no, no, no!
No quite time for me,
No privacy in the bathroom,
No rest for the weary.
My time is not my own!
I wouldn't give it up for anything!
Adrian & Alexander, Oct, 2001
CHALLENGE #3: 95 (the number of medals the USA had received thus far in the Olympics)
RULES: (too much to type, see comments below photo)

In this challenge came about due to the number of metals the US had received (hence the numbers 29, 34, & 32 .... and the colors gold, bronze and silver)

Here it is and it is what it is.........

GOLD - Large Brad in center of flowers

SILVER - Brads at the end of paper strips

BRONZE - "95" & "ME" (Also serves double duty as stickers)

29 Pcs PP = Six multi-layer flowers that have been chalked and inked, paper strips upper left corner. Tag has been stamped w/lines therefore turning it into patterned paper. Tab on end of tag.

34 Stickers = 95 & ME were bronze/copper letters that were ran thru xyron. Rest of stickers are found in the wording around photo mat.

32 Brads = 20 along the edge of the photo mat, 6 on flowers, & 6 at the end of the paper strips.95 things = on the tag ... and THAT was the hardest part about this challenge. I'm a humble person and thinking of that many things to me was kinda like bragging and that's not my style ... so, it is what it is.

Hope you like THEM!

0 comments: