.

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Friday, November 28, 2008

Scent-sational Cards!

I'm long overdue for another technique. This is another one where you will think that I have flipped my lid, but if you're on a budget ... you can make this one work for you!

I promise it works and the end results can be quite 'scent'- sational and fun and a lot less costly than buying those scented embossing powders. Give it a shot ... what do you have to lose except a little time and a little bit of supplies.

Basic Supplies List
VersaMark Embossing Pad (or other embossing pad)
Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel (UTEE)
Stiff Patterned Paper
Heat Gun
Coffee Grinds, Unused of course!



Step One

Make a tag out of patterned paper that is slightly larger than your embossing pad.
Press embossing pad against tag and wiggle it around to make an imperfect rectangle.


Step Two

Take 50/50 mixture of UTEE and dry coffee grounds and mix in a bag.
Insert tag and do the mixture to cover embossing ink completely. Shake off excess.



Step Three Apply heat to melt the mixture. Here I used my coffee pot's warming pad. I used this because I didn't want a heat gun to bow mixture off of the tag. If you do not wish to use your coffee pot in this fashion, apply heat gun from the UNDERSIDE of tag. The embossed tag is finished.



Here is the card that I taught at my LSS using this technique.




Have fun and go make some Scent-sational Creations!

1 comments:

ScrappinGalz said...

Very Cool technique. I'll have to try it soon. I looovvveee coffee